Sunday, July 10, 2011

Utah Trip

At the end of June we went to Utah for the weekend and
had so much fun!! We stayed the first night with our good
friends Calyn and Trevor at their time share in Ogden.
They had a super fun pool and slide for the kids. Their
little boy Drake and Quinton had such a good time running
around together. Thank you Petersens for having us. We
then drove to Logan that next day to hear my cousin Chad's
mission farewell talk. After that we headed to SLC and
stayed a night there so we could take Q to Hogle Zoo the
next day. We also went to the Aquarium and to the Mayan
restaurant to eat. Quinton had the time of his life and talked
about that trip for days. When we got home and he said his
prayers that night it went something like "Dear Heavenly
Father thank you for the zoo. Thank you for the monkeys.
Thank you for the dinosaurs. Thank you for the elephants.
Thank you for the giraffes. Name of Jesus Christ Amen."
Pretty darn cute if you ask me!!

Quinton loved the Train at the Zoo

And the Carousal






They had a dinosaur exhibit going on at the Zoo and Q thought that was Awesome!! Quinton's favorite was the little dinosaurs that sprayed him with water. He was not a huge fan of this big one though. His roar was a little much for Quinton. (I can't believe I put this picture on here cause I look absolutely HUGE. 34 weeks pregnant is not the best look for me.)



Can you see the dinosaur??




Eating at the Mayan restaurant. Q thought the divers were pretty cool!!!

Pictures from the Aquarium





He loved the turtles and the Nemo fish




They let you touch the stingray but Q did not want any part of that.


Hanging out at the pool




These two boys are so Cute together. They sure had fun!!!


Water slide pictures. I still can't decided if the look of sheer terror on his face is funny or sad. I was so shocked that Q even attempted the water slide by himself. I did have to walk him up the stairs and send/nudge him down. He only did it twice but I was so proud of him!!


This was his last time going down and I can see why. Pretty sure he hit his head coming out.



3 comments:

Calyn said...

What a fun weekend. We are so glad you came and visited us. You don't look huge- you are the smallest pregnant lady I know. I can't believe you only have a month left!!!!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Looks like a fun trip! Krew was so scared of the t-Rex at hogle zoo too! But Q seems a lot more brave than krew. I don't think krew would have gone on the slide by himself! & btw Whitney, you are smallest, cutest pregnant woman ever!

Debi said...

Fun memories and great pictures! You guys seem to go A LOT of places... and you barely look pregnant, my heavens that's what I looked like at 3 months! Such a cute little family and I'm excited to see the new addition in a few weeks :)